As an aspiring model, you need an amazing model portfolio to kickstart your career. It’s your chance to make a great first impression on agencies and clients.
It is important for you to put in the effort to get all aspects of your modeling portfolio right. It’s not only about shooting your portfolio, there’s a lot more planning that goes into creating a great portfolio.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for models that explains how to create a killer modeling portfolio for yourself.
1. Focus on the type of model you want to be
Making an informed decision about the type of modeling you want to pursue would bring clarity and focus on how you want to shape your modeling portfolio. For example, as a freelance model, you would need a lot of variations in your portfolio photoshoot, but as a high fashion model, you would need to focus on high fashion images. Here are stunning great website templates designed for your different business use https://nogardlive-shopping.com/website-design-development/.
2. Choosing the right fashion model photographer
Choose a photographer whose area of expertise and style matches your vision and style. For example, if you want to become a freelance model, then a commercial advertising photographer may be your best bet, as that’s the kind of work you would be doing the most. It doesn’t matter whether you get your photoshoot done by multiple photographers – in fact, it can save you money and time by choosing the one right photographer that can deliver on what your vision is. And finally, do look into the finer details before hiring the photographer. For example, what’s included in the package that you are being offered, how many photos would you get, rates and any extras, will you get photo prints and/or all digital images.
3. Learn and practice the best model poses
Posing as a model in front of a camera is an art unto itself. The objective may seem simple, but in reality, it’s more complicated than you may realize. In model photography, you must translate a three-dimensional object, your body, into the two-dimensional space of a flat image. Photography poses have to be learned, something that gets better with practice and study.
Choose your outfits selectively. Clothing is part of the process of a narrative for any marketing campaign. Your poses should always make the garments look their best.
4. Create your online modeling portfolio website
Making sure that you choose the right platform for your portfolio website that lets you achieve the unique style that best represents your personality. Your modeling portfolio website needs to be not just stunning but functional as well.
©Pixpa |Amrish Mudgal
Nogard Live have web development services that is easy yet powerful website builder and includes client galleries, eCommerce, and blogging tools to enable you to manage your complete online presence through one seamless platform https://nogardlive-shopping.com/website-design-development/ . Explore all features that make Nogard Live the perfect choice for designers and other creative professionals.
Your model portfolio website should cover these important points:
- Works well on mobile devices
- Has a minimal, clean, and modern design that focuses on showcasing your portfolio in the best way possible.
- Loads fast and is clutter-free
- Showcases your images for a quick overview but also enables viewers to enlarge images to have a closer look.
- Includes a stats page as agencies and clients would need that information.
- Includes an “About Me” page and tell about yourself, who you are as a person, your achievements, and story.
If you have videos and commercials, do include them on your website.
- Have clear contact information, make it easy for people to reach you.
- Connect with your social media account and start a blog as well – tell behind-the-scene stores, show off your character and who you are as a person
- Your model portfolio website is going to represent to in front of agencies and clients and needs to make a great impression on you.